Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Discovering weaknesses

I was at a meeting yesterday that went from 9am-1pm and around 11am they had catering. I was proud of myself that I didn't eat any of the cakes or biscuits that were out, but I did go a little nuts on the mini sandwiches. I probably had the equivalent of two whole sandwiches filled with various toppings. But I would never eat two sandwiches in a sitting anymore - isn't it funny that they were in small bite sized pieces and I was able to eat more? Also, food on a platter is not good in front of me. I just want to eat it.

I then had a very munchy afternoon after that and had practically eaten all my points. For dinner I had one poached egg on one piece of toast with a pile of stir-fried veges and garlic. It was very nice, but of course an hour later I was hunting for things to eat. Also, I have a lot of study to do, and I miss eating lots of chocolate and sugary drinks when I study, so that was very hard too.

Sarah and I went to the gym this morning for 30 minutes. Her knee is bad so she is limited in what she can do. I felt exhausted afterwards because my last piece of equipment was the rowing machine. I beat my old record and rowed 1000m in 4:30... my legs were like jelly afterwards and my lungs were burning. I feel pretty good now though...

No comments:

Post a Comment